Mime-type map problem under Tomcat 4.0.6 (Win 2K server, JDK1.4.1)
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Chuong_Pham
Posted On:   Monday, May 12, 2003 09:58 PM

My Fileupload webapp runs fine on Tomcat 3.3.X, now I've port it to Tomcat 4.0.6 with some code rework and it works too. But!But! Here is the problem. I’ve been monitoring the mime-type on the Tomcat server. Anytime a file is uploading to the server, I have println(mime-type) of the file being upload. Anyway, I been uploading Word doc and for some unknown reason the mime-type keeps switching between application/msword and application/octet-stream (depending on the PC I used). Two of the PC I used to upload the word doc constantly shows application/octet-stream and the other PC consistently shows application/msword. The result should always be application/msword for a Word doc. I use the mime-type as a condition to    More>>

My Fileupload webapp runs fine on Tomcat 3.3.X, now I've port it to Tomcat 4.0.6 with some code rework and it works too. But!But! Here is the problem. I’ve been monitoring the mime-type on the Tomcat server. Anytime a file is uploading to the server, I have println(mime-type) of the file being upload.

Anyway, I been uploading Word doc and for some unknown reason the mime-type keeps switching between application/msword and application/octet-stream (depending on the PC I used). Two of the PC I used to upload the word doc constantly shows application/octet-stream and the other PC consistently shows application/msword.

The result should always be application/msword for a Word doc.

I use the mime-type as a condition to except certain files.
Eg. if (fileMimeType.equals(“application/msword”) { …. }

Any idea to what is going on gurus?
   <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact