dcsimg
running a client in WSAD 5.0 JNDI error
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   N_W
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 6, 2003 08:01 AM

running a client in WSAD 5.0 JNDI error Hi, I am running a server in WSAD 5 and that works fine as I have tested it with the universal test client that WSAD provided however when I run my own client I get : Contacted JNDI service java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ORB method createObjectURL(Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/ibm/CORBA/iiop/ObjectURL; at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.parseIiopUrl(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:1668) Now thsi must be as I am using the wrong jars. The universal test client tells me thats the initial context impl is com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory and that is what I try to do : public Context getInitialContext(String aUrl   More>>

running a client in WSAD 5.0 JNDI error

Hi, I am running a server in WSAD 5 and that works fine as I have tested it with the universal test client that WSAD provided however when I run my own client I get :

Contacted JNDI service
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ORB method createObjectURL(Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/ibm/CORBA/iiop/ObjectURL;
at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.parseIiopUrl(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:1668)

Now thsi must be as I am using the wrong jars. The universal test client tells me thats the initial context impl is com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory

and that is what I try to do :

public Context getInitialContext(String aUrl, String aUser, String aPassword) throws NamingException
{

Properties p = new Properties();
p.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory");
p.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, aUrl);
if (aUser != null)
{
p.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, aUser);
if (aPassword != null)
{
p.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, aPassword);
}
}
ctx = new InitialContext(p);

ETC

I need to know why thsi is not working when I try to do :

PartnerQueryHome qHome = (PartnerQueryHome)PortableRemoteObject.narrow(ctx.lookup(PartnerQueryHomeJNDI),PartnerQueryHome.class);
return qHome.create();

thsi is where the exception happens

Please help anyone

<<Less

Re: running a client in WSAD 5.0 JNDI error

Posted By:   James_Bayer  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 6, 2003 08:26 AM

To narrow down your problem, you should be running the shipped IBM jvm, it's in the studio runtimes/base_v5 or runtimes/aes_v4 dirs depending on which server you are using (probably v5), and make sure you use the appropriate jars from the lib directory of the corresponding runtimes/base_v5/lib or runtimes/aes_v4/lib.

Also, make sure you have the latest version of WSAD. I believe the latest is Version 5.02 with and there is a PTF. You can use the update perspective to upgrade.
About | Sitemap | Contact