Searching through a directory tree
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Scott_Marshall
Posted On:   Monday, May 5, 2003 03:27 PM

I am somewhat new to Ant and was wondering the following: I want to be able to have Ant build sub-projects for me by searching through the directory hierarchy for the application and reading from config files. Once it finds one, Ant can parse it and compile/link the projects indicated in the config file. I want the developers to create/maintain these config files so the Ant build file (build.xml) does not have to be updated each time a new project is needed for compilation/linking. If this kind of functionality is already built into Ant, can you point me to where it is? If there is a better method for solving the above scenario I would appreciate any insights.

Thanks,

Scott

Re: Searching through a directory tree

Posted By:   Erik_Hatcher  
Posted On:   Monday, May 5, 2003 05:55 PM

You're really asking for a layer on top of what Ant already provides. I'd recommend you have a look at Anthill and see if making your projects fit into its infrastructure is what you're after, or if you are looking for something more like Maven or Centipede.

Ant can do what you are asking for here, but it will be a lot of work to build yourself. These other tools were made to be layers on top of Ant to provide multi-project support.
About | Sitemap | Contact