dcsimg
Urgent help needed with window.print() function.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Nitin_Madabushi
Posted On:   Thursday, May 1, 2003 01:51 PM

Hi, Our application allows printing of a few records displayed on the web page. Also, if a particular record is printed a field in the database is to be updated that says the record was already printed. Now, when we use the window.print() function it pops up the printing options dialog box. The user might choose to click on cancel on this dialog box. In which case the updation should not be done. Is there a way in which my javascript function knows whether the printing was successful or not? We considered the option of suppressing the dialog box, but we could not get it working for NN. And our application demands co   More>>

Hi,

Our application allows printing of a few records displayed on the web page.
Also, if a particular record is printed a field in the database is to be updated that says the record was already printed.

Now, when we use the window.print() function it pops up the printing options dialog box.

The user might choose to click on cancel on this dialog box.

In which case the updation should not be done.

Is there a way in which my javascript function knows whether the printing was successful or not?

We considered the option of suppressing the dialog box, but we could not get it working for NN.

And our application demands compatibility on both IE and Netscape.

Are there any work arounds to accomplish this?

TIA,

Regards,

Nitin.    <<Less

Re: Urgent help needed with window.print() function.

Posted By:   Firat_Tiryaki  
Posted On:   Friday, May 2, 2003 12:24 AM

check the below url

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/events/onafterprint.asp

The url shows a complicated example, check out the sample below and see what happens, I think that should help

print page

About | Sitemap | Contact