Sent items folder and receive read response notification
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   asha_mahesh
Posted On:   Friday, April 25, 2003 12:48 PM

I am using Javamail APIs to send mails with from address mymailbox. After sending mails I want it to show up in my sent items folder of mymailbox. Is there any properties I can set to achieve this.
Is there anyway I can receive notification when the recepient receives and reads the mail.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Sent items folder and receive read response notification

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Friday, April 25, 2003 01:52 PM

Q1. I shouldn't speculate, sorry if I am wrong and am overlooking something, but I would guess (?) that there is no shortcut to "sent items" AKA "fcc" (Folder-cc) functionality.... I would guess (?) that your client code would have to open a connection to an IMAP server, or your own private mailstore on your local filesystem, then append the sent message's content, to your "sent items" folder there (e.g. just like appending a message to any other ordinary folder), once you have sent it. The output method would vary, depending on whether you were writing to an IMAP folder on an IMAP server, or to a local file, in whatever format you are using, e.g. Unix mbox, MH etc., on your local filesystem.

Q2. For DSN's and MDN's (sending your notification requests, for delivery status from the destination mail server, or for message opening/reading/disposition news from the actual receiving user), see http://www.jguru.com/forums/view.jsp?EID=1044518.

About | Sitemap | Contact