JDBC with Chinese Traditional (SQL Server)
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Amit_Kapur
Posted On:   Thursday, April 24, 2003 09:06 AM

Hi all I am having problems using JDBC (JDK 1.3) when I am trying to update my database (SQL Server) with certain Chinese Charaters. I am trying to update data in a table with non-Unicode datatype (varchar) and some characters are giving problem (characters with character codes 29054, 29055, etc). The JDBC Connection with Data base was obtained using Properties props = new Properties(); props.put("user", "sa"); props.put("password", ""); props.put("charSet", "Big5"); try{ Class test = Class.forName("jdbc:odbc:amit"); con = DriverManager.getConnection("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcO   More>>

Hi all

I am having problems using JDBC (JDK 1.3) when I am trying to update my database (SQL Server) with certain Chinese Charaters.

I am trying to update data in a table with non-Unicode datatype (varchar) and some characters are giving problem (characters with character codes 29054, 29055, etc).

The JDBC Connection with Data base was obtained using

Properties props = new Properties();
props.put("user", "sa");
props.put("password", "");
props.put("charSet", "Big5");
try{
Class test = Class.forName("jdbc:odbc:amit");
con = DriverManager.getConnection("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver", props);
}

But for the special characters i mentioned before it is not updating the table correctly but shows question marks (?) instread.

If someone has some idea about using Chinese Traditional with JDBC please help. Any Help would be welcome

Regards

Amit Kapur    <<Less

Re: JDBC with Chinese Traditional (SQL Server)

Posted By:   vernon_wu  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 24, 2003 03:05 PM

I am not familiar with the SQL server internationalization. You might want to check out how to configure it with zh TW, or unicode encoding. I never hear unicode or non-unicode DB datatype, however.
About | Sitemap | Contact