Reading Text files from applet
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   kate_langshaw
Posted On:   Friday, April 11, 2003 03:18 AM

I have been trying to output information from an applet to a text file. I have manage to read the information from a text file but having to use the full path name, when i go to over write the text file using the same path name it won't work. Well it will actually work if I view the HTML file with in java builder. But if I open the HTML file manually in IE 6 or netscape 7 it won't write to the file although it will read it in using the browser. Please can anyone offer any advice. this is my outfile code try { outFile = new PrintWriter (new FileWriter ("D:\DegreeWork\Java\assign 3\Application\Appform\classes\members.txt")); and it    More>>

I have been trying to output information from an applet to a text file.

I have manage to read the information from a text file but having to use the full path name, when i go to over write the text file using the same path name it won't work.

Well it will actually work if I view the HTML file with in java builder. But if I open the HTML file manually in IE 6 or netscape 7 it won't write to the file although it will read it in using the browser.

Please can anyone offer any advice.

this is my outfile code

try {
outFile = new PrintWriter
(new FileWriter ("D:\DegreeWork\Java\assign 3\Application\Appform\classes\members.txt"));

and it is reading from a class that I have imported

outFile.print(Info[Count].getReg()+",");
outFile.println();
Count++;
}
outFile.close();

and so on...

I just don't see why it won't work when i open the browser manually??????

<<Less

Re: Reading Text files from applet

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Friday, April 11, 2003 08:16 AM

Security restriction?

About | Sitemap | Contact