dcsimg
Multiple Modal Dialogs per VM
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Tobias_Lauchenauer
Posted On:   Thursday, April 10, 2003 06:44 AM

The applications I work on start several separate applications (in the form of JFrames) in the same VM. The problem we have ist that using any version of a modal JDialog locks the whole VM, as JDialog only allows one modal Dialog per VM. What I require is to have a modal dialog that only locks the frame that called it. Other frames should still be accessible. Is there a way to solve this? Solving it be adding a whole range of listeners to the frame is a possibility, but the problem with that approach is that we have over 40 application programmers that concentrate on the application. Telling each one of those to add those listeners is a pain. It would be much easier to solve it all in a subclass of JDialog (if that is possible). Up to know   More>>

The applications I work on start several separate applications (in the form of JFrames) in the same VM. The problem we have ist that using any version of a modal JDialog locks the whole VM, as JDialog only allows one modal Dialog per VM. What I require is to have a modal dialog that only locks the frame that called it. Other frames should still be accessible.

Is there a way to solve this?

Solving it be adding a whole range of listeners to the frame is a possibility, but the problem with that approach is that we have over 40 application programmers that concentrate on the application. Telling each one of those to add those listeners is a pain. It would be much easier to solve it all in a subclass of JDialog (if that is possible). Up to know I haven't founf a working solution to this problem yet.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact