dcsimg
Using sockets for a client server program
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Amy_Rai
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 9, 2003 03:50 AM

i have managed to implement most of the functionality for the client side but i struggling to code the server side of the system I have used a hastable to store the information for the clients which are connected including the IP number, port number and user name. Any help with the following functions would be much appreciated. Keep a record (in a hashtable) of all on-line registered participants and their addresses. When new participant logs on to send this information to all on-line participants. To be able to accept requests from clients to remove a participant from its records (only from the computer it has registered first). Maintain two lists – one for all complains, second for all complains that have been dea   More>>

i have managed to implement most of the functionality for the client side but i struggling to code the server side of the system

I have used a hastable to store the information for the clients which are connected including the IP number, port number and user name. Any help with the following functions would be much appreciated.

Keep a record (in a hashtable) of all on-line registered participants and their addresses.
When new participant logs on to send this information to all on-line participants.
To be able to accept requests from clients to remove a participant from its records (only from the computer it has registered first).
Maintain two lists – one for all complains, second for all complains that have been dealt with.

Please use html tags to format code blocks.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact