J2EE RI 1.4 Database table management
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Vaskar_Mistri
Posted On:   Monday, April 7, 2003 07:03 AM

prevent Auto creation of table(database) (I)We are building a web based system using J2EE technology. We are using Sun J2EE RI 1.4 as our appplication server and using deploytool for deployment. Oracle 9i is our back end DBMS system. The problem we are facing is that the application server automatically creates new database tables on deployment and deletes those tables on undeployment. We want to avoid this , i.e.,we want our J2EE application to use previously created database tables and the application server should not delete the tables on undeployment of the application. How do I achieve this? (II)The other problem is that when the application is ru   More>>

prevent Auto creation of table(database)

(I)We are building a web based system using J2EE technology.
We are using Sun J2EE RI 1.4 as our appplication server
and using deploytool for deployment. Oracle 9i is our
back end DBMS system. The problem we are facing is that
the application server automatically creates new database
tables on deployment and deletes those tables on undeployment.
We want to avoid this , i.e.,we want our J2EE application
to use previously created database tables and the application server should not delete the tables on undeployment of the
application. How do I achieve this?

(II)The other problem is that when the application is running
we are unable to access the database using other database
access tools such as SQL*Plus. How can we access the databse
in this circumstances. We actually need to find out whether
our application is actually updating the database as per our
logic present in the code? Please help?

<<Less

Re: J2EE RI 1.4 Database table management

Posted By:   Amir_Pashazadeh  
Posted On:   Monday, April 7, 2003 02:20 PM

Hi

1- This problem is because of a setting in your deployment descriptors! Choose your entity beans one by one in deploy tool, go to Entity tab of settings, click Deployment Settings... and you can find Create table on deploy and Delete table on undeploy check boxes.

2- I have not worked with J2EE RI 1.4, but worked with J2EE RI 1.3, and as far as I know it is just a testing applicaiton server, and doesn't support concurrency.

Amir Pashazadeh

About | Sitemap | Contact