Prevent access from outside referrer
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jered_winchester
Posted On:   Thursday, April 3, 2003 08:55 PM

I need to prevent access to my html documents unless the visitor comes from within my domain. Is there javascript to do this for me? IE. I want links to my site from outside to be directed to the index.html file, and then to be able to access all files within the site from any file. I do not want another site to link to the events.html or other such file but just to the index.html file and if they do link to another html file they will be redirected to the index.html file or an explanation file which uses meta to redirect. (I can figgure out the meta refresh tag). I played with HTTP_REFERER but I don't think I am doing something write. Thank you. Jered Winchester Please email response to winc   More>>

I need to prevent access to my html documents unless the visitor comes from within my domain.

Is there javascript to do this for me?

IE. I want links to my site from outside to be directed to the index.html file, and then to be able to access all files within the site from any file. I do not want another site to link to the events.html or other such file but just to the index.html file and if they do link to another html file they will be redirected to the index.html file or an explanation file which uses meta to redirect. (I can figgure out the meta refresh tag). I played with HTTP_REFERER but I don't think I am doing something write.

Thank you.

Jered Winchester

Please email response to winchester@mindless.com

<<Less

Re: Prevent access from outside referrer

Posted By:   Firat_Tiryaki  
Posted On:   Friday, April 4, 2003 02:45 AM

people can send several header data to your server using a server side script like jsp or php... so referrer may not always work, try to configure server settings.
About | Sitemap | Contact