dcsimg
Can ant fork off a process and NOT wait for it to return?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Todd_Ackman
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 2, 2003 03:37 PM

hello. I'm trying to run an ant task that starts up a Tomcat 3.3.1a server. I'd like to do this without writing external scripts (since i need to support this on Unix and Windows.) I first tried calling the "tomcat.sh" and "tomcat.bat" scripts using an task. However the process never returns and the build ends up getting "hung". Using some ant stuff i found which is used by cactus to startup a Tomcat 4.x server, i created the following: However the same problem exists....the server starts up but never returns. I was wondering if there is an easy way to make an task or    More>>

hello.

I'm trying to run an ant task that starts up a Tomcat 3.3.1a server. I'd like to do this without writing external scripts (since i need to support this on Unix and Windows.)

I first tried calling the "tomcat.sh" and "tomcat.bat" scripts using an task. However the process never returns and the build ends up getting "hung".

Using some ant stuff i found which is used by cactus to startup a Tomcat 4.x server, i created the following:

However the same problem exists....the server starts up but never returns.

I was wondering if there is an easy way to make an task or a task fork and not wait for the called process to return.

Is this possible?

TIA.

<<Less

Re: Can ant fork off a process and NOT wait for it to return?

Posted By:   Erik_Schalburg  
Posted On:   Sunday, April 6, 2003 07:53 PM

We do this exact same thing in conjunction with cruise to kick off a full env. and run unit tests against it. The key we found was the vmlauncher="false" attribute for , i.e. this is what we use to bring JBoss up,

We use this approach in conjunction with waitfors since we have a large number of things we need to bring up before we can run unit tests.

Hope this helps,
Erik
About | Sitemap | Contact