Problems loading classes from JMF when running from another Jar.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   George_Francis
Posted On:   Monday, March 31, 2003 11:51 PM

I have been trying to use the Java Media Framework to convert a PCM-WAV file to an MS/GSM-WAV file. I have managed to do this successfully when running the project from my hard disk. But when I deploy my classes to a JAR file I find that I get problems loading classes. JMF seems to use a lot of reflection to load it's classes and I suspect that this is the problem.  Also when I take the required classes from the jmf.jar and place then in my application's jar the app works fine. It is only when the classes have to be loaded from outside of the jar that the problem occurs. Any solutions or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.    More>>

I have been trying to use the Java Media Framework to convert a PCM-WAV file to an MS/GSM-WAV file. I have managed to do this successfully when running the project from my hard disk. But when I deploy my classes to a JAR file I find that I get problems loading classes. JMF seems to use a lot of reflection to load it's classes and I suspect that this is the problem.

Also when I take the required classes from the jmf.jar and place then in my application's jar the app works fine. It is only when the classes have to be loaded from outside of the jar that the problem occurs.

Any solutions or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact