dcsimg
If i use System.getProperties(""),from where it gets the value.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Raghavender_G
Posted On:   Monday, March 31, 2003 06:07 AM

If i use System.getProperties("")

From where it gets the value.
we are facing some problems in coding.the old maintaince code is returning hard coded value (C:Input)when i am using System.getProperties("TestDirectory").But when it deploying in solaris we don't have that root.

I find out and came to know that some where in System properties he is keeping.

where this values are storing and where i will get
Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Re: If i use System.getProperties(""),from where it gets the value.

Posted By:   Sean_Ruff  
Posted On:   Monday, March 31, 2003 07:34 AM

The System properties are going to be System wide (JVM), the properties will contain a specific list of key-values set on the initial call as well as any values specifically placed there by any running applications. For example if you are running within a Servlet-Container or an Application Server they (the Servlet Cotnainer or App Server) could set System properties ontop of the properties already set (eg java.version, java.vendor ... see javadocs ) Your application could also set System properties by explicitly calling the System.setProperty method. In your case it appears, though it's only a guess, that since the property is called "TestDirectory" that this is being set somewhere in your application, or another application running in the same JVM and not a Servlet-Container or App Server.
About | Sitemap | Contact