dcsimg
Java (server)/J2ME (Client) Instant Messenger Problems
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Pip_Gib
Posted On:   Monday, March 31, 2003 04:37 AM

Hi guys I am new to both technologies and have set about creating an instant messenger for the Motorola Accompli 008 for a project. I am using the Java Server to open a connection (a specified port number), the user will then have to RUN ipConfig to find the IP address. The J2ME client, allows the user to enter the IP address and the port number and the connection works fine. However the problems now begin. I first of all tried to send a message from the server to the client via ObjectInput/OutputStream, but J2ME does not support this so i have tried using DataInput/OutputStream with ByteArrayInput/OutputStream, but i am having huge problems converting the code on the client side, can anybody provide the solution to my problem it would be    More>>

Hi guys

I am new to both technologies and have set about creating an instant messenger for the Motorola Accompli 008 for a project. I am using the Java Server to open a connection (a specified port number), the user will then have to RUN ipConfig to find the IP address. The J2ME client, allows the user to enter the IP address and the port number and the connection works fine.

However the problems now begin. I first of all tried to send a message from the server to the client via ObjectInput/OutputStream, but J2ME does not support this so i have tried using DataInput/OutputStream with ByteArrayInput/OutputStream, but i am having huge problems converting the code on the client side, can anybody provide the solution to my problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact