How to use ALL of the display screen ....
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Oliver_Boskovski
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 26, 2003 02:13 AM

ok, you've got a device with hardware display of say 128 x 128 but the OS takes up some space along the top(battery indicators etc) and bottom (command button labels) and you have a USABLE area of only (say) - 128 x 96. So.. is it possible to disable the OS displays and use the full 128x128?? if so how?? thanks in advance, Oliver. PS. Is there a place where I can obtain display specs of all major phones? Also, I have not yet seen any specs that indicate teh 'usable' display size ... do manufacturers provide these details to developers, or are we meant to figure it out for each of there phones on our own???    More>>

ok, you've got a device with hardware display of say 128 x 128 but the OS takes up some space along the top(battery indicators etc) and bottom (command button labels) and you have a USABLE area of only (say) -
128 x 96.

So.. is it possible to disable the OS displays and use the full 128x128?? if so how??

thanks in advance,

Oliver.

PS. Is there a place where I can obtain display specs of all major phones? Also, I have not yet seen any specs that indicate teh 'usable' display size ... do manufacturers provide these details to developers, or are we meant to figure it out for each of there phones on our own???

<<Less

Re: How to use ALL of the display screen ....

Posted By:   Gralig_Bobik  
Posted On:   Monday, April 7, 2003 03:07 AM

I seems You use Nokia 7210 or Nokia 6610. Nokia phones doesn´t allow You to use all display for Canvas class. Try com.nokia.mid.ui.FullCanvas package and class FullCanvas instead Canvas. Your aplication will use all display. But this is only for Nokia phones.

regards

Gralig
About | Sitemap | Contact