dcsimg
Installing unlimited strength policy files
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Wesley_Hall
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 25, 2003 04:42 AM

Hello, I am currently in the process of writing an application that uses the cryptix PGP libraries with the cryptix JCE provider. For the application to work it requires the unlimited strength policy files from sun. To install this several jar files must be copied to JAVA_HOME/jre/security From a development perspective installing these files is no problem. However, i dont like the idea of telling my users to start 'dicking about' with their JRE install. Is there a way to programmatically install these files in a similar way to using java.security.Security.addProvider to install a security provider? Thank you for your time    More>>

Hello, I am currently in the process of writing an application that uses the cryptix PGP libraries with the cryptix JCE provider.

For the application to work it requires the unlimited strength policy files from sun.

To install this several jar files must be copied to JAVA_HOME/jre/security

From a development perspective installing these files is no problem. However, i dont like the idea of telling my users to start 'dicking about' with their JRE install.

Is there a way to programmatically install these files in a similar way to using java.security.Security.addProvider to install a security provider?

Thank you for your time

Regards

Wesley Hall

<<Less

Re: Installing unlimited strength policy files

Posted By:   Michael_Zhou  
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 14, 2003 01:58 PM

Hi,

I am not to answer your question here. But to ask you for help.

I am new at JAVA security and I am writing a program on it. I found JAVA doesn't provide a good Digital signature package. So I tried cryptix JCE. Somehow, I can't make it work. I couldn't find any JCE documentation too.

Could you let me know where I can find cryptix JCE documentation?

Another question is how to use JCE: through JAVA security interface or call cryptix class directly? Please email zhengzho@usc.edu.

Thanks so much for taking your time for helping me.

Michael
About | Sitemap | Contact