Something about 'CODEBASE' in APPLET/ tag
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sean_Gao
Posted On:   Thursday, March 20, 2003 10:03 PM

I wonder how it can be done to instruct the HTML page - or indeed, the browser? the web server? - to look up $MY_APP_ROOT$WEB-INFclasses directory for the class file(s) the embedded applet needs? I've tried different ways, it simply refused to work as I expected. I reckon this must have something to do with the 'CODEBASE' param in my tag. I'm using Tomcat 4 as my JSP container, which, by default, uses $MY_APP_ROOT$WEB-INFclasses directory to store Java classes. When I assume my applet can automatically load the class file from that location, I think wrong. Suppose I put the JSP cantaining my applet in the $MY_APP_ROOT$JSP directory, of what value should that 'CODEBASE' be?    More>>

I wonder how it can be done to instruct the HTML page - or indeed, the browser? the web server? - to look up $MY_APP_ROOT$WEB-INFclasses directory for the class file(s) the embedded applet needs?

I've tried different ways, it simply refused to work as I expected. I reckon this must have something to do with the 'CODEBASE' param in my tag.

I'm using Tomcat 4 as my JSP container, which, by default, uses $MY_APP_ROOT$WEB-INFclasses directory to store Java classes. When I assume my applet can automatically load the class file from that location, I think wrong.

Suppose I put the JSP cantaining my applet in the $MY_APP_ROOT$JSP directory, of what value should that 'CODEBASE' be?

Thanks a lot!

<<Less

Re: Something about 'CODEBASE' in APPLET/ tag

Posted By:   Sean_Gao  
Posted On:   Thursday, March 20, 2003 10:10 PM

Or this can't be done at all, if I set the WEB-INFclasses directory to be invisible from the outside world?

I currently put the class files to the same dir as I store my JSPs, but this is kind of annoying, at least to me.

About | Sitemap | Contact