Accessing the same ASP session in applet and IE
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Simon_Rea
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 19, 2003 06:23 AM

My applet uses URL etc. to fetch data from ASP pages, and I keep the session alive by passing back the session cookie each time I request a page. I have (possibly huge) reports which are generated by ASP pages that I call up with ShowDocument. I need the ASP code to use the same session as the applet, or find some other way to securely allow the ASP to access the data. ShowDocument only seems to allow HTTP GETs, so if I'm going to pass login details to the ASP, then these would be visible to the user, and more importantly if the URL gets cached in the browser, other users of the machine would be able to view the report whenever they want. So, what I'm looking for is a method to do one of the following:   More>>

My applet uses URL etc. to fetch data from ASP pages, and I keep the session alive by passing back the session cookie each time I request a page.

I have (possibly huge) reports which are generated by ASP pages that I call up with ShowDocument. I need the ASP code to use the same session as the applet, or find some other way to securely allow the ASP to access the data.

ShowDocument only seems to allow HTTP GETs, so if I'm going to pass login details to the ASP, then these would be visible to the user, and more importantly if the URL gets cached in the browser, other users of the machine would be able to view the report whenever they want.

So, what I'm looking for is a method to do one of the following:

• Open a web page in IE using POST parameter (not GET)

• Pass the session cookie to IE, and get it to use that session

• Get IE to open the ASP using GET parameter which are only valid for a very brief period of time

I'd love to be able to just get IE to pick up the same session as the applet, but I can understand why this probably isn't possible on security grounds.

Any ideas guys?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact