dcsimg
Messages delivered after a delay..
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Srinivas_Maganti
Posted On:   Thursday, March 13, 2003 11:04 AM

Hi, I am using two receivers on two seperate boxes receiving messages from a single queue on a swiftmq router. So, normally swiftmq round-robins the messages to both the receivers. In an incident we had recently, one of the boxes was rebooted. So, I assumed that the messages in the queue would be sent to the second receiver. However here is what I noticed, Some of the messages were delivered to the second receiver pretty quick. However, some messages were delivered to it after 10 minutes. I am assuming these messages were already in the queue when the first receiver went down. Any thoughts on this issue please? I am using swiftmq 4.0.1 and J2SDK1.4.1. thanks    More>>

Hi,
I am using two receivers on two seperate boxes receiving messages from a single queue on a swiftmq router. So, normally swiftmq round-robins the messages to both the receivers.
In an incident we had recently, one of the boxes was rebooted. So, I assumed that the messages in the queue would be sent to the second receiver. However here is what I noticed,

Some of the messages were delivered to the second receiver pretty quick. However, some messages were delivered to it after 10 minutes. I am assuming these messages were already in the queue when the first receiver went down.

Any thoughts on this issue please?

I am using swiftmq 4.0.1 and J2SDK1.4.1.

thanks

<<Less

Re: Messages delivered after a delay..

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Thursday, March 13, 2003 11:32 AM

Once a disconnect is detected (via keepalive), open transactions are aborted and messages are redelivered (to the other receiver). It might be that the disconnect wasn't detected immediately. This is platform dependent. 10 minutes seems too long for me. The default keepalive interval is 1 minute, so it should be detected within 1 minute and redelivery should take place then.
About | Sitemap | Contact