dcsimg
help with basic terminology
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Marika_Ludmann
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 11, 2003 02:32 PM

I am working on a University project, which is partly made up of a J2ME application. Beside writing about J2ME I need to talk about wireless technologies. I have been doing my research via the Internet, and have totally confused myself with the basic terminologies. All I really need is a clear picture of the terminologies. What belongs to what category, what is a protocol, what is a hardware, what is a specification, what is an implementation. I need to look at things like: Fixed-mobile wireless Wide and local area wireless Bluetooth GSM J2ME WAP i-mode PSM Does Http co-exists with the other protocols? Palm    More>>

I am working on a University project, which is partly made up of a J2ME application. Beside writing about J2ME I need to talk about wireless technologies.

I have been doing my research via the Internet, and have totally confused myself with the basic terminologies.
All I really need is a clear picture of the terminologies. What belongs to what category, what is a protocol, what is a hardware, what is a specification, what is an implementation. I need to look at things like:

Fixed-mobile wireless

Wide and local area wireless

Bluetooth

GSM

J2ME

WAP

i-mode

PSM

Does Http co-exists with the other protocols?

Palm

and possibly a few more, on a very basic level

Does anyone have any suggestions as to some good links, Internet resources so I can understand the basic terminology? An overview?

Marika Ludmann

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact