How to avoid onkeydown while modification of data?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Muralidhar_Reddy
Posted On:   Monday, March 10, 2003 10:18 PM

I have a requirement where in i have 5 fields.each with some maxlength defined.Default focus is on first field.On reaching its maxlength the tab shall automatically move to field2 and there on till 5th.So, i've used onkeydown event for the textfield as follws if(document.unitselForm.field1.value.length == '1') document.unitselForm.field2.focus() It goes fine till the end.The problem is if i have some invalid data and i go to correspnding field for modification, the control does not allow me to do this as its already to its maxlength.How to resolve this issue. Can anyone help me out Thanx in Advance Muralidhar    More>>

I have a requirement where in i have 5 fields.each with
some maxlength defined.Default focus is on first field.On reaching its maxlength the tab shall automatically
move to field2 and there on till 5th.So, i've used onkeydown event for the textfield as follws

if(document.unitselForm.field1.value.length == '1')

document.unitselForm.field2.focus()

It goes fine till the end.The problem is if i have some invalid data and i go to correspnding field for
modification, the control does not allow me to do this as its already to its maxlength.How to resolve this issue.
Can anyone help me out

Thanx in Advance

Muralidhar

<<Less

Re: How to avoid onkeydown while modification of data?

Posted By:   Firat_Tiryaki  
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 11, 2003 01:12 PM

run your function when "onkeyup" event occurs.
About | Sitemap | Contact