Hilight a portion of the screen using COORDS?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Tripp_Lowe
Posted On:   Friday, March 7, 2003 01:43 PM

I have an application on which you can click on one of 159 (Ga) county boundaries an a set of summary statistics will display. If you click on a second county, the statistics for both counties are summed. If you click on one of the counties previously selected, the county statistics will be subtracted from the running totals. Is there any way, using JavaScript, to highlight a portion of an image map when it is clicked and then un-highlight it when it is clicked again? Another way of asking the same question... Can I use the coordinates from the image map to highlight the area (surrounded by those coords)? If you need more info, please let me know. I can find a place to serve the application for    More>>

I have an application on which you can click on one of 159 (Ga) county boundaries an a set of summary statistics will display. If you click on a second county, the statistics for both counties are summed. If you click on
one of the counties previously selected, the county statistics will be subtracted from the running totals.

Is there any way, using JavaScript, to highlight a portion of an image map when it is clicked and then un-highlight it when it is clicked again?

Another way of asking the same question... Can I use the coordinates from the image map to highlight the area (surrounded by those coords)?

If you need more info, please let me know. I can find a place to serve the application for a day-or-so if need be.

Thanks Alot,

Tripp Lowe

GIS Lab Manager

The University of Georgia

D. B. Warnell School of Forest Resources

<<Less

Re: Hilight a portion of the screen using COORDS?

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, March 8, 2003 04:54 PM

I am not sure, but don't you have to have a bunch of little images, with two versions of each, one "highlighted" and the other not, for every distinct region of the overall imagemap, and swap the two versions for a clicked region, if you want to do what you are describing?

About | Sitemap | Contact