dcsimg
how to get the entire MIME message from a BodyPart?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Lionel_Pasquier
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 4, 2003 02:23 AM

Hi there, I am new to javaMail and quite lost with its way of working. I have a tool that creates SMIME stuff that needs to be put into MIME envelopes. In the same time I have to manage parsing of simple MIME messages. My current problem is the following: I have a BodyPart and I am testing if it is SMIME or not (with checks on the ContentType). If it is, then I want to retrieve the entire MIME message as a String or a byte[]. I mean, the whole text stuff with the headers and the -possibly- encoded64 content, or if you prefer the inputStream with which the BodyPart was created. But I haven't found anything in BodyPart that returns such a thing (everything is about the content). There might be writeTo() but it needs an out   More>>

Hi there,
I am new to javaMail and quite lost with its way of working.
I have a tool that creates SMIME stuff that needs to be put into MIME envelopes. In the same time I have to manage parsing of simple MIME messages.
My current problem is the following:
I have a BodyPart and I am testing if it is SMIME or not (with checks on the ContentType). If it is, then I want to retrieve the entire MIME message as a String or a byte[]. I mean, the whole text stuff with the headers and the -possibly- encoded64 content, or if you prefer the inputStream with which the BodyPart was created.

But I haven't found anything in BodyPart that returns such a thing (everything is about the content). There might be writeTo() but it needs an output stream that, if piped in a pipedinputstream, results in a dead lock...

Help please!!

Lionel

<<Less

Re: how to get the entire MIME message from a BodyPart?

Posted By:   Lionel_Pasquier  
Posted On:   Tuesday, March 4, 2003 06:53 AM

Well... it seems that indeed the
writeTo(ByteArrayOutputStream) is doing the trick....
Sorry for disturbing :)
About | Sitemap | Contact