Dynamic HTML Messages and French Character Set
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, March 3, 2003 05:04 PM

I am trying to generate a French / English HTML E-mail for local pet owners to verify pet licencing information. The Javamail application is running fine EXCEPT all the special french characters are not coming through (ie. characters like é). The browsers are apparently guesing (wrong) what they represent. Like any good programmer, I attempted to "borrow" code used by other French (but not bilingual) HTML e-mail messages. Didn't work. Can someone save me from a couple of hours (10-15?) in google by telling me how to deal with dynamically generated bilingual documents so the special French characters work? John S. Aylmer, PQ (Canada)    More>>

I am trying to generate a French / English HTML E-mail for local pet owners to verify pet licencing information. The Javamail application is running fine EXCEPT all the special french characters are not coming through (ie. characters like é). The browsers are apparently guesing (wrong) what they represent.

Like any good programmer, I attempted to "borrow" code used by other French (but not bilingual) HTML e-mail messages. Didn't work.

Can someone save me from a couple of hours (10-15?) in google by telling me how to deal with dynamically generated bilingual documents so the special French characters work?

John S.

Aylmer, PQ (Canada)

<<Less

Re: Dynamic HTML Messages and French Character Set

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 5, 2003 07:38 AM

A similar question had been asked before. The solution (which works) is to use the following line:

msg.setContent(message,"text/html;charset="UTF-8"");

J. Smith

Aylmer, PQ

About | Sitemap | Contact