Urgent:Problem using WSE...
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Amit_N
Posted On:   Monday, March 3, 2003 11:35 AM

Hi All! The documentation of wse (web services enhancements) says, to work with it one have to replace this code in proxy generated by .Net ... Inherits System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol with this one Inherits Microsoft.Web.Services.WebServicesClientProtocol But this gives me the following error "An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in system.web.services.dll Additional information: Soap Header Handler:Reading soap headers failed" My Client code that is using the object for the proxy class is Dim objM As New localhost.CheckNameInAsp() textbox2.text= objM.Valida   More>>

Hi All!

The documentation of wse (web services enhancements) says, to work with it one have to replace this code in proxy generated by .Net ...

Inherits System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol

with this one

Inherits Microsoft.Web.Services.WebServicesClientProtocol

But this gives me the following error

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in system.web.services.dll

Additional information: Soap Header Handler:Reading soap headers failed"

My Client code that is using the object for the proxy class is

Dim objM As New localhost.CheckNameInAsp()

textbox2.text= objM.ValidateName(TextBox1.Text)

-------

If I use
"Inherits System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol"
with the above client code the proper response is generated.

Here is the copy of configuration of app.config or web.config,

input="inputTrace.config"
output="outputTrace.config"/>

Once again letme give a review of the steps that I have followed till now,
I have installed .net on my pc.
Then I went on to install WSE.
Read documentation and WSE's quickstart example along with few others available on net.
I proceeded with making a sample web application/window application for web service client.
Added reference for 2 namespaces- microsoft.web.service and system.web.service (as per documentation)
Added web reference; the url pointing my wsdl file on my pc under IIS virtual directory. This is what I have made using microsoft soap toolkit version 3.0 ( hope the web service made with soap toolkit responses to the client request made using WSE, is this a issue??)
Now I get a proxy (class) for web service under web reference->localhost->Reference map->Reference vb.
I changed the base class for the proxy from System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol to Microsoft.Web.Services.WebServicesClientProtocol
Added following lines for importing namespaces in client form and also in proxy class-
Imports Microsoft.Web
Imports Microsoft.Web.Services

Urgent reply appreciated....

Thanks in advance.
Amit

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact