Accessing WebSphere 5.0 thread pool or just creating threads
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   david_sims
Posted On:   Friday, February 28, 2003 07:41 PM

I've been experimenting with WebSphere 5.0. Is there any way to access WebSphere's thread pool? For example, if I create a Runnable object, can I somehow pass it into WebSphere and have my Runnable run in a WebSphere thread? Alternatively, is there any way for me to create a thread in the WebSphere JVM (outside the EJB container), similar to creating a thread in a WebLogic startup class? Once created, can that thread get a database connection from a data source and use it? I know the EJB spec prohibits threads. But I'd like to create a thread *outside* the EJB container, just somewhere in the WebSphere JVM. Thanks for any suggestions,    More>>

I've been experimenting with WebSphere 5.0. Is there any way to access WebSphere's thread pool? For example, if I create a Runnable object, can I somehow pass it into WebSphere and have my Runnable run in a WebSphere thread?

Alternatively, is there any way for me to create a thread in the WebSphere JVM (outside the EJB container), similar to creating a thread in a WebLogic startup class?

Once created, can that thread get a database connection from a data source and use it?

I know the EJB spec prohibits threads. But I'd like to create a thread *outside* the EJB container, just somewhere in the WebSphere JVM.

Thanks for any suggestions,
David

<<Less

Re: Accessing WebSphere 5.0 thread pool or just creating threads

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Monday, March 3, 2003 06:35 AM

Write a servlet, and have it loaded at startup.

About | Sitemap | Contact