dcsimg
Page does not refresh contents because of click event in keypress handler
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Gary_Varga
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 26, 2003 03:26 AM

I have the following code in the page: function keypress(e) { if((document.layers ? e.which : window.event.keyCode)==13) { document.forms(0).User_ID_Button.click(); return true; } } if(document.layers)document.captureEvents(Event.KEYPRESS); if(document.layers||document.all)document.onkeypress = keypress; When I click the button with the mouse the server side handler for the click action (via a post) is run and the page is reloaded (it posts back to itself). However, when I press the carriage return key the server side handler is run but the page does not refresh with the generated html. It appears that I it does not lik   More>>

I have the following code in the page:

function keypress(e)
{
if((document.layers ? e.which : window.event.keyCode)==13)
{
document.forms(0).User_ID_Button.click();
return true;
}
}
if(document.layers)document.captureEvents(Event.KEYPRESS);
if(document.layers||document.all)document.onkeypress = keypress;

When I click the button with the mouse the server side handler for the click action (via a post) is run and the page is reloaded (it posts back to itself). However, when I press the carriage return key the server side handler is run but the page does not refresh with the generated html.

It appears that I it does not like the event within the handler. Is this it? Is there a solution? Am I a complete Muppet?

Thanks in advance,

Gaz    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact