RollingFileAppender overwriting existing file
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dag_Welinder
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 26, 2003 01:07 AM

Hi, I'm having difficulties using RollingFileAppender, where it writes over an existing file when the file reaches the size limit. For a single process and single log file the appender works fine, but when I run two processes which log to a) different files nad b) to a common file, the problem arises. Not only for the common file (which I can understand and accept), but also for the different files. Description: Process p1 logs to file f and file f1. Process p2 logs to file f and f2. None of the files f, f1 and f2 rolls correctly. I had expected file f1 and f2 to roll correctly. Thanks in advance for any help on this! Dag Welinder    More>>

Hi,

I'm having difficulties using RollingFileAppender, where it writes over an existing file when the file reaches the size limit.

For a single process and single log file the appender works fine, but when I run two processes which log to a) different files nad b) to a common file, the problem arises. Not only for the common file (which I can understand and accept), but also for the different files.

Description: Process p1 logs to file f and file f1. Process p2 logs to file f and f2. None of the files f, f1 and f2 rolls correctly. I had expected file f1 and f2 to roll correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Dag Welinder

<<Less

Re: RollingFileAppender overwriting existing file

Posted By:   Mohan_Namadhari  
Posted On:   Monday, March 3, 2003 02:51 AM

How your properties file looks like for RollingFileAppender??
About | Sitemap | Contact