Namespace declaration problem
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Venisa_Cabrilla
Posted On:   Monday, February 24, 2003 06:15 AM

hello, <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> John Tom Bob I want to change this xml document using an xsl stylesheet, but unfortunately, I cannot do any xpath selections because of the namespace declaration. If I ommit the declaration from the xml document, the xsl transformation works perfectly. I use xalan as xsl transformator. I have read such a problem about the namespace declaration on xalan's FAQ mentioning about the use of namespace prefix, but there is no simple example how to deal with this prefix.    More>>

hello,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

John

Tom

Bob

I want to change this xml document using an xsl stylesheet, but unfortunately, I cannot do any xpath selections because of the namespace declaration. If I ommit the declaration from the xml document, the xsl transformation works perfectly.

I use xalan as xsl transformator. I have read such a problem about the namespace declaration on xalan's FAQ mentioning about the use of namespace prefix, but there is no simple example how to deal with this prefix.

Have anyone a simple example or a link where I can find an example about declaring the namespace prefix ?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Kindest regards, Venisa Cabrilla

<<Less

Re: Namespace declaration problem

Posted By:   Roseanne_Zhang  
Posted On:   Monday, February 24, 2003 09:05 AM

Try this:

John

Tom

Bob

Your XSLT needs to be changed accordingly. Test it yourself.
About | Sitemap | Contact