Struts Warfile deployment on server with no internet access?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Kelvin_Ho
Posted On:   Friday, February 21, 2003 12:35 AM

I am trying to deploy a struts 1.0 web application on an application server (Weblogic 6.1) with no access (it is behind a firewall). If I deploy a war file, the action mapping for the would parse into instead of . I suspect that this is because both struts-config.xml and web.xml could not be validated against their dtds on the web. I understand that validation of struts-config can be set to false in the web.xml. Then can the validation of web.xml be set to false? The application seems to only work fine when I unzip it instead of using the war file, and set the dtds to point to the physical location of the dtds using the file://location/nameoffile.dtd. I have read somewhere that the xml files are   More>>

I am trying to deploy a struts 1.0 web application on an application server (Weblogic 6.1) with no access (it is behind a firewall). If I deploy a war file, the action mapping for the would parse into instead of .

I suspect that this is because both struts-config.xml and web.xml could not be validated against their dtds on the web. I understand that validation of struts-config can be set to false in the web.xml. Then can the validation of web.xml be set to false?

The application seems to only work fine when I unzip it instead of using the war file, and set the dtds to point to the physical location of the dtds using the file://location/nameoffile.dtd.

I have read somewhere that the xml files are validated using an internal copy? Therefore, my guess correct and what is the solution?

One other peculiar thing is that the application cannot find references to all the libraries (*.jar) in the WEB-INF/lib directory. The application only works when I unpack the jar files into the WEB-INF/classes directory? Is this due to a application server setting.

The war file works fine in a server with internet access.
   <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact