Support for Websphere 5 tags (urgent)
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ganesh_Prasad
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 19, 2003 04:18 AM

Hi, on a new project at work last week, we started using Ant and XDoclet with great enthusiasm, because these are more "open" alternatives to Websphere Studio Application Developer. We did our first deployments to JBoss and they were a resounding success. However, when we then tried to deploy to the future production environment server (Websphere 5.0), we found that XDoclet does not generate deployment descriptors suitable for this version of the app server. Very reluctantly, our project management has shot down the Ant/XDoclet development route and we have been instructed to use WSAD's own proprietary ways of packaging and deploying EAR files, because "at least that works". The developers are unhappy bu   More>>

Hi, on a new project at work last week, we started using Ant and XDoclet with great enthusiasm, because these are more "open" alternatives to Websphere Studio Application Developer. We did our first deployments to JBoss and they were a resounding success.

However, when we then tried to deploy to the future production environment server (Websphere 5.0), we found that XDoclet does not generate deployment descriptors suitable for this version of the app server.

Very reluctantly, our project management has shot down the Ant/XDoclet development route and we have been instructed to use WSAD's own proprietary ways of packaging and deploying EAR files, because "at least that works". The developers are unhappy but we understand management's position.

We still have a small window of opportunity. If we find a way to get XDoclet to generate Websphere 5 tags within a week to 10 days, we may still be able to go back to a saner style of development, otherwise I'm afraid it's going to be goodbye to Ant/XDoclet for this project.

Can somebody help?

Ganesh Prasad

<<Less

Re: Support for Websphere 5 tags (urgent)

Posted By:   Ralf_Meyer  
Posted On:   Thursday, February 27, 2003 02:35 AM

Hi Ganesh!

I found your posting, because i was searching for answers to the question "does xDoclet support IBM Websphere" (the current xDoclet homepage contains only very few ibm websphere
tags). you see: i can not really help you!

But I wanted to let you know that we (www.karneim.com) will maybe get the same situation, that you are currently troubling with in our next project.

therefore we would be glad if you will provide us with information you get

(as a matter of course we will do the same).

greetings
ralf

Re: Support for Websphere 5 tags (urgent)

Posted By:   Ara_Abrahamian  
Posted On:   Thursday, February 20, 2003 03:47 AM

WAS5 is not yet supported. But might be, soon.

Ara.

About | Sitemap | Contact