JCOMBO BOX
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   jagdeep_johal
Posted On:   Friday, February 14, 2003 07:41 AM

hi, Selecting an item from a combo box (database) i would like to create a jcombobox which takes value from an access table (suppliers)and puts it into a textfield, which can then be selected from the java application and saved back into another table (stock,(which contains the supplier field). The second issue is to use a combo box again to list all the suppliers from the supplier table, and then populate other filed in a supplier form with the appropriate details. The supplier number should also be editable so when i do click "save" the supplier id is changed in the database and stored in the dynamic combo box, which in turn will save all stock details which are supplied by that particular supplier (this is already done by c   More>>

hi,
Selecting an item from a combo box (database)
i would like to create a jcombobox which takes value from an access table (suppliers)and puts it into a textfield, which can then be selected from the java application and saved back into another table (stock,(which contains the supplier field).

The second issue is to use a combo box again to list all the suppliers from the supplier table, and then populate other filed in a supplier form with the appropriate details. The supplier number should also be editable so when i do click "save" the supplier id is changed in the database and stored in the dynamic combo box, which in turn will save all stock details which are supplied by that particular supplier (this is already done by creating a relationship in access between the supplier ids in the tables, with a referential integrity relatiionship).

So in summary, a combo box which takes all values of supplier ID from a field from a supplier table, (with another filed like supplier name so as to give meaning to suppID)that can be selected

seccondly a combo box for the supplier details which allows the combo boxx to populate a form with the selected supplier details and in turn change the suppID.(i.e select the combo box item then in a textfield change to new value and save the new value in the suppler table)

Does anyone have any idea of how to do this? I really really need this help otherwise i am screwed. Please take into account i am a completely crap programmer and i have too little time to do this all alone as i have been doing other tasks, i really dont need examples i need coding help!!

Thanks to anyone who may help!!!!

<<Less

Re: JCOMBO BOX

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Friday, February 14, 2003 08:02 AM

If this is a Javascript question, then when you say "combo box" or "jcombo box", you must be referring to the manipulation of html "select" tags, by Javascript in a client browser, with "option" tags inside?

About | Sitemap | Contact