dcsimg
Instability with Apache 2.0.4.3 / Tomcat 4
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Friday, February 14, 2003 07:28 AM

I am using the mod_jk2 connector on a win2000 box. I am also running a MySQL database. On startup, I frequently get "missing java class has been detected" error for certain JSP pages. The error stack message reads in part: java.lang.Exception: A missing java class has been detected at org.apache.jsp.message_jsp._jspService(message_jsp.java:173) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:136) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service Usually, I can get rid of the problem by restarting the server or turning Tomcat on and off. Once the problem is resolved (by turnin   More>>

I am using the mod_jk2 connector on a win2000 box. I am also running a MySQL database.

On startup, I frequently get "missing java class has been detected" error for certain JSP pages. The error stack message reads in part:

java.lang.Exception: A missing java class has been detected at org.apache.jsp.message_jsp._jspService(message_jsp.java:173) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:136) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service

Usually, I can get rid of the problem by restarting the server or turning Tomcat on and off. Once the problem is resolved (by turning server on and off, etc), it does not reappear and the server is fine.

I half suspect the hardware: the "server" is an older HP Pavilion workstation (about 500 Mhz) with 512 Meg of memory.

Any ideas on what the problem (the ongoing irritant)might be, and how to fix it?

J. Smith

Aylmer, PQ

<<Less

Re: Instability with Apache 2.0.4.3 / Tomcat 4

Posted By:   Logan_Scott  
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 25, 2003 01:45 AM

I'm running an Oracle 9i database. If you have any info you can send me regarding integrating Apache 2.0.44 and Tomcat 4.1.18, I will test it on my dev server and compare.

Thanks,
Logan
About | Sitemap | Contact