Problem with xdoclet-1.1.2 samples
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Andrew_Christofides
Posted On:   Friday, February 14, 2003 04:23 AM

As a new commer to xdoclet I thought the supplied samples where a good place to start. Unfortunately I am getting compiler errors when running the supplied Build.bat file. These are "cannot resolve symbol" errors in one of the beans. I have also tried calling ant directly, not using the batch file. The readme.txt of the samples directory gives a list of jar files to copy into the samples/lib directory and to include in the classpath when running ant. I followed these instructions. It also mentions that even if the compile stage of the build process fails some of the following will still be generated: What you get: - Generated source files went to src-gen directory. - Generated deployment    More>>

As a new commer to xdoclet I thought the supplied samples where a good place to start. Unfortunately I am getting compiler errors when running the supplied Build.bat file. These are "cannot resolve symbol" errors in one of the beans. I have also tried calling ant directly, not using the batch file.

The readme.txt of the samples directory gives a list of jar files to copy into the samples/lib directory and to include in the classpath when running ant. I followed these instructions. It also mentions that even if the compile stage of the build process fails some of the following will still be generated:

What you get:

- Generated source files went to src-gen directory.

- Generated deployment descriptors went to the corresponding directory under
build directory.

- The EJB jar file and web WAR file are generated to build/j2ee, then an EAR
file is generated.

I got no src-gen or build directories.

I know this is a beginner level question but can anyone think back to when they tried these samples?

<<Less

Re: Problem with xdoclet-1.1.2 samples

Posted By:   Acir_Resende  
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 5, 2003 12:45 PM

I can´t compile the samples.

The outcome from ant is:

"BUILD FAILED
file:C:/xdoclet/samples/build.xml:41: taskdef class xdoclet.DocletTask cannot be found"

It seems that Ant can´t find the xdoclet classes.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Acir

Re: Problem with xdoclet-1.1.2 samples

Posted By:   Javed_Mandary  
Posted On:   Friday, February 14, 2003 09:31 PM

I as a beginner too got similar problems what you must no is that you need ant1.5.1 and xdoclet1.2b+ firstly and should include the ant.jar file in your windows classpath if you are using windows.

Xdoclet1.2b+ places the xdoclethome/lib/*.jar and xdoclethome/samples/lib/*.jar files into classpath when you run build.xml so don't put this jar files by yourself in the windows classpath

Next open a dos prompt, go to your xdoclet directory (xdoclethome lets say) and type ant. You should start seeing ant in action

In the samples for xdoclet1.2b2 Ant just calls xdoclet to generate your classes and interfaces (Value, home, localhome , remote)and it compiles it for you. This is as far as it gets it does not generate the war or ear files or jar files. You must open the build.xml file to include the codes which will generate jar, war and ear for you. Generated files are in xdoclethomesamples argetgen-src est

Hope that helps --- Javed http://www.baadaal.tk
About | Sitemap | Contact