dcsimg
Java runtime crashes on startup on a Korean Windows 2000.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Adifo_nv
Posted On:   Thursday, February 6, 2003 07:52 AM

Hi Currently we are trying testing some java applet applications on a Windows 2000 Korean PC. We have no problems at all when the usernames are in western characters, but the java runtime crashes when we try to startup under the environment of a user with a korean name (def. not western!). Everything seems to go wrong when java tries to access the plugin cache in the Documents And Settings directory. When I look in the java console, I see lots of korean characters (regulars), except where he outputs the user.home variable, which gives garbled up ascii. We have the problem with every applet we try to start up, so we suspect now that it has something to do with a (bad) java   More>>

Hi

Currently we are trying testing some java applet applications on a Windows 2000 Korean PC.

We have no problems at all when the usernames are in western characters, but the java runtime crashes when we try to startup under the environment of a user with a korean name (def. not western!).

Everything seems to go wrong when java tries to access the plugin cache in the Documents And Settings directory.

When I look in the java console, I see lots of korean characters (regulars), except where he outputs the user.home variable, which gives garbled up ascii.

We have the problem with every applet we try to start up, so we suspect now that it has something to do with a (bad) java runtime installation.

Does someone have an idea ? It would seem rather strange that half of the Asian population cannot run java apps because of this.

Thankx
Reinhart De Lille

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact