dcsimg
JavaMail to MSExchange via POP hangs on connect
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Igor_Kolomiyets
Posted On:   Thursday, February 6, 2003 02:42 AM

Hi everybody! I've got a wierd problem with JavaMail based application. Application connects to 2 mail boxes on Exchange server via POP in the separate threads. Then it processes content of both boxes and closes both connections. Each mail processing thread invoked by Timer running in the main application thread. It may work smoothly for few days but suddenly it hangs when invoking connect() method of the Store object. No exception thrown and no additional information provided in the logs. I do not believe that this is problem of "pop" provider implementation as the application runs without any problem against linux mail server. but there has to be some workaround for this problem as i simply cannot make custome   More>>

Hi everybody!

I've got a wierd problem with JavaMail based application. Application connects to 2 mail boxes on Exchange server via POP in the separate threads. Then it processes content of both boxes and closes both connections. Each mail processing thread invoked by Timer running in the main application thread. It may work smoothly for few days but suddenly it hangs when invoking connect() method of the Store object. No exception thrown and no additional information provided in the logs.

I do not believe that this is problem of "pop" provider implementation as the application runs without any problem against linux mail server.
but there has to be some workaround for this problem as i simply cannot make customer replace stupid exchange server with something less problematic.

Did anyone had a chance to observe similar behaviour?
If so did anyone come to some solution?

Best regards,
Igor.

<<Less

Re: JavaMail to MSExchange via POP hangs on connect

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Thursday, February 6, 2003 06:57 AM

When your application hangs during a connect attempt, can other clients connect to the same POP server, or do they hang too? Maybe the server periodically goes through some period where it is frozen, doing backups, some kind of internal 'replication', something misconfigured, etc.

About | Sitemap | Contact