How can I build automatic acceptance test in J2ME environment?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Piergiuliano_Bossi
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 5, 2003 05:23 AM

We are working in a J2ME project. While we are satisfied of J2MEUnit for unit testing, we are looking for suggestions or ideas about acceptance testing. Ideally, we would like to drive the GUI within the emulator in a way similar to JFCUnit. For example, we would like to click a button. In general, we would like to be able to interact with javax.microedition.lcdui widgets programmatically. One possibility is of course to get control of the source code from one of the available emulators (like OTI's one) and modifying it in order to interact directly with the widgets. It seems a long and complicated path that we would prefer to avoid, especially because we wouldn't like to mantain the emulator's code on our own.    More>>

We are working in a J2ME project. While we are satisfied of J2MEUnit for unit testing, we are looking for suggestions or ideas about acceptance testing.

Ideally, we would like to drive the GUI within the emulator in a way similar to JFCUnit. For example, we would like to click a button. In general, we would like to be able to interact with javax.microedition.lcdui widgets programmatically.

One possibility is of course to get control of the source code from one of the available emulators (like OTI's one) and modifying it in order to interact directly with the widgets. It seems a long and complicated path that we would prefer to avoid, especially because we wouldn't like to mantain the emulator's code on our own.

Thanks, Giuliano

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact