Log4j configuration is not updated
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   m_d
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 4, 2003 05:47 AM

Hi all, I have configured log4j using configureAndWatch. Now when I add a Logger to the configuration file, the change is picked-up by Log4J and messages appear as appropriate. When I change the log level, Log4J responds as appropriate, but when I remove the logger, Log4J ignores these changes. Can anyone explain me what I'm doing wrong, or is this Log4J's intended behaviour? Following is my configuration file: # log4j properties file # Set the root logger level to debug and add some appenders log4j.rootLogger=warn,fileAppender # Define the file appender log4j.appender.fileAppender=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender log4j.appender.fileAppen   More>>

Hi all,

I have configured log4j using configureAndWatch. Now when I add a Logger to the configuration file, the change is picked-up by Log4J and messages appear as appropriate.

When I change the log level, Log4J responds as appropriate, but when I remove the logger, Log4J ignores these changes.

Can anyone explain me what I'm doing wrong, or is this Log4J's intended behaviour?

Following is my configuration file:

# log4j properties file

# Set the root logger level to debug and add some appenders
log4j.rootLogger=warn,fileAppender

# Define the file appender
log4j.appender.fileAppender=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.fileAppender.File=c:\temp\log4j.log

log4j.appender.fileAppender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.fileAppender.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%t] %c(%L) -
%m%n

log4j.logger.mycompany.myproject=debug

Thanx in advance,