Problem on javamail programming software..
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   vijay_subramaniam
Posted On:   Monday, February 3, 2003 11:57 PM

Hi there.. Currenlty i am trying to develop an email application software using javamail and servlet / jsp. I have configured apache tomcat to contain my servlet and jsp pages.. I am using IMAP server an sendmail as my mail servers.. All servers are up and running..Now the software can send message accross the network to another host.. But i have problem on receiving mails into my users INBOX account.. I have a file named my user id in my /var/spool/mail directory. as i concerns the mail transfer agent should have drop the mails in that directory so that i can retrieve it using IMAP protocols as defined in my software...The error message at sending party is unable to connect to my mail server.. Anybody can help me to solve the puzle???..    More>>

Hi there.. Currenlty i am trying to develop an email application software using javamail and servlet / jsp. I have configured apache tomcat to contain my servlet and jsp pages.. I am using IMAP server an sendmail as my mail servers.. All servers are up and running..Now the software can send message accross the network to another host.. But i have problem on receiving mails into my users INBOX account.. I have a file named my user id in my /var/spool/mail directory. as i concerns the mail transfer agent should have drop the mails in that directory so that i can retrieve it using IMAP protocols as defined in my software...The error message at sending party is unable to connect to my mail server.. Anybody can help me to solve the puzle???..

<<Less

Re: Problem on javamail programming software..

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 4, 2003 07:15 AM

So, can you (or any host) connect to your sendmail server (port 25)? Is the sending party able to resolve the hostname, is it in DNS? If not, can they connect by mailing to the IP address? (try "To: username@[127.0.0.1]" with the IP address in square brackets in place of the domain name, e.g. instead of "To: username@localhost.localdomain")

Are they and your Sendmail server behind different firewalls?

About | Sitemap | Contact