Hanging Windows
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anthony_Scalera
Posted On:   Monday, February 3, 2003 12:41 PM

I've written some code that allows a user to open up PDF files in a browser. Based on there selections on a form in an html page it will up a particular graph. The codes looks like this (some of it): for (i=0, check=0; i < f.graphtype.length; i++) { switch(i+1) { case 1: if (f.graphtype[i].checked == true) {win=window.open("http://prod-perf.gscc.com/Graphs/"+month_for_wk+date_for_wk+year_for_wk+"\"+f.systemname[f.systemname.selectedIndex].value+"_"+f.graphtype[i].value+"_"+month_for_wk+date_for_wk+year_for_wk+"_week"+".pdf",i,'width=600,height=450,resizable=yes'+','+xpos+'=1'+','+ypos+'=10'); } //if break; } //function (   More>>

I've written some code that allows a user to open up PDF files in a browser. Based on there selections on a form in an html page it will up a particular graph. The codes looks like this (some of it):

for (i=0, check=0; i < f.graphtype.length; i++) {
switch(i+1) {
case 1:
if (f.graphtype[i].checked == true) {win=window.open("http://prod-perf.gscc.com/Graphs/"+month_for_wk+date_for_wk+year_for_wk+"\"+f.systemname[f.systemname.selectedIndex].value+"_"+f.graphtype[i].value+"_"+month_for_wk+date_for_wk+year_for_wk+"_week"+".pdf",i,'width=600,height=450,resizable=yes'+','+xpos+'=1'+','+ypos+'=10');
} //if
break;

} //function

(I do the above 6 times in a case statement).

I have a maximum of six child windows open. At times these windows hang (especially when using I.E.) It can't be duplicated all of the time. Sometimes they'll hang when you close the parent window. Sometimes no. I've tried defining the variable for the window as a global variable and setting it to null( var win = null;) I thought this fixed the problem but it happened again. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Anthony

<<Less

Re: Hanging Windows

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Monday, February 3, 2003 02:29 PM

6 windows all with PDF's in them, all using the Adobe plugin? I find the Adobe Acrobat Reader plugin for MSIE to be flaky at times, even when just 1 window is open using it......

About | Sitemap | Contact