dcsimg
MQSeries listener problem
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ben_Cai
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 28, 2003 03:09 PM

i am using ibm MQSeries 5.2 and jms for a new application. i wrote a sender and a listener program. the application is working fine, except in one situation: if i start listener first and there is no messages in the queue, when sender sends messages, the listener will pick them all up from the queue, then through excpetion. i got return code 2, with error code 2033. however, if at the time listener starts, if there are messages in the queue(even one), it will pick it up and keep listener, whenever message arrives, it will pick it with no exceptions thrown. the error message says that a MQGet() issued but message is not there. i don't understand why my listener work in one situation but not the other. i don't know if there is some classes or methods in    More>>

i am using ibm MQSeries 5.2 and jms for a new application. i wrote a sender and a listener program. the application is working fine, except in one situation: if i start listener first and there is no messages in the queue, when sender sends messages, the listener will pick them all up from the queue, then through excpetion. i got return code 2, with error code 2033. however, if at the time listener starts, if there are messages in the queue(even one), it will pick it up and keep listener, whenever message arrives, it will pick it with no exceptions thrown. the error message says that a MQGet() issued but message is not there. i don't understand why my listener work in one situation but not the other. i don't know if there is some classes or methods in jms to check if the queue is empty. could anyone with this experience help me out?

thanks very much!

<<Less

Re: MQSeries listener problem

Posted By:   Nicholas_Whitehead  
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 29, 2003 03:13 AM

Ben;

Can you post the specific code that is issuing the listen and the get ?

//Nicholas

About | Sitemap | Contact