JavaBeans
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Abar_Bashir
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 28, 2003 06:46 AM

Hi ppl... I have a Java class that encrypts strings using matrix multiplication. I am trying to incorporate that class into a JSP application that takes user comments from online forms. I am using the Tomcat Server to run my JSP's. What I want to do is encrypt the strings from the fields before they are sent to the server. What I would like to know is whether a bean will let me do what I want, and if so where am I to put my bean classes? I have read that they need to go into a classes directory within a WEB-INF directory in the Tomcat webapps directory, but I have tried that and it does not work! I need help desperately now... :) anyone with some answers for me I would be grateful. Thanks in advance {{{{Abs}}}}   More>>

Hi ppl...

I have a Java class that encrypts strings using matrix multiplication. I am trying to incorporate that class into a JSP application that takes user comments from online forms. I am using the Tomcat Server to run my JSP's.

What I want to do is encrypt the strings from the fields before they are sent to the server.

What I would like to know is whether a bean will let me do what I want, and if so where am I to put my bean classes? I have read that they need to go into a classes directory within a WEB-INF directory in the Tomcat webapps directory, but I have tried that and it does not work!

I need help desperately now... :) anyone with some answers for me I would be grateful. Thanks in advance {{{{Abs}}}}

<<Less

Re: JavaBeans

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 28, 2003 08:39 AM

You would need to create an encrypting function in javascript (or in another client-side scripting language) to encrypt the content of the forms before submiting the form. JSPs are executed on the server and only the resulting HTML is sent to the client, so the client can't use java classes directly (an alternative would be to have a java client, like an applet).
About | Sitemap | Contact