UserTransaction question, with Sun One App. Server
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Harvey_ROWSON
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 28, 2003 12:21 AM

Hello, I'm using sun one application server 7 plateform edition on windows 2000 and I'm having a problem with transactions. I want to start a client transaction in a stand alone client. I've tried two alternatives: 1) Using the appclient. In this case I can retreive the UserTransaction with a lookup on "java:comp/UserTransaction", but when I call begin() I get a message saying UserTransaction is not available in appclient. This is the code Object objrefTransaction = initial.lookup("java:comp/UserTransaction"); UserTransaction userTx=(UserTransaction)PortableRemoteObject.narro(objrefTransaction,UserTransaction.class); userTx.begin(); 2) Without the appclient. In this case I just can't retreive    More>>

Hello,

I'm using sun one application server 7 plateform edition on windows 2000 and I'm having a problem with transactions. I want to start a client transaction in a stand alone client. I've tried two alternatives:
1) Using the appclient. In this case I can retreive the UserTransaction with a lookup on "java:comp/UserTransaction", but when I call begin() I get a message saying UserTransaction is not available in appclient. This is the code
Object objrefTransaction = initial.lookup("java:comp/UserTransaction");
UserTransaction userTx=(UserTransaction)PortableRemoteObject.narro(objrefTransaction,UserTransaction.class);
userTx.begin();
2) Without the appclient. In this case I just can't retreive the UserTransaction Object. Do you know what name I should use to perform this lookup outside the appclient?.

Basically, my question is how can I use UserTransaction in a stand alone client (using appclient or not)?

Thank you for reading and for your reply,

Best regards,
Harvey ROWSON

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact