problems running a corba/java application on unix
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   mcloud355_mcloud355
Posted On:   Saturday, January 25, 2003 12:32 PM

hi, i developed a simple corba banking application on win98 and java 1.3 but it is not running when i moved it to a unix platform, everything recompiled ok, the requisite idlj generated class files are all there and correct but i get this error when the client program tries to connect to the server program (which is run on another console on the same machine), the server program sets up correctly, java BankClient -ORBInitialPort 1050 //this is calling the client ERROR : org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 3 completed: No org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 3 completed: No at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.Nati   More>>

hi, i developed a simple corba banking application on win98 and java 1.3 but it is not running when i moved it to a unix platform, everything recompiled ok, the requisite idlj generated class files are all there and correct but i get this error when the client program tries to connect to the server program (which is run on another console on the same machine), the server program sets up correctly,

java BankClient -ORBInitialPort 1050 //this is calling the client

ERROR : org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 3 completed: No
org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN: vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 3 completed: No
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:306)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:259)
at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.messages.ReplyMessage_1_0.getSystemException(ReplyMessage_1_0.java:87)
at com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ClientResponseImpl.getSystemException(ClientResponseImpl.java:105)
at com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.invoke(ClientDelegate.java:309)
at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._invoke(ObjectImpl.java:457)
at BankModule._BankInterfaceStub.client_regi(_BankInterfaceStub.java:21)
at BankClient.main(BankClient.java:57)

anyone know what the vmcid: 0x0 and minor error: 3 means?
using println's i traced the problem to the line where the client 1st calls a server method, consequently everytime a sever method is invoked the same error is presented, obviously the ORB is not setup correctly hence the runtime error when invoking, is there something ive overlooked in running the app on unix compared to win98?

thanks

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact