dcsimg
SMTP Connection Problem
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Peter_Wagner
Posted On:   Thursday, January 23, 2003 12:16 AM

I'm sending mails using a smtp-server and javamail. The code is working well so far, but sometimes when I want to send a mail the programm stops while trying to connect to the smtp-server without an error. Here the Debug-output: DEBUG: getProvider() returning javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Su n Microsystems, Inc] DEBUG SMTP: useEhlo true, useAuth false DEBUG: SMTPTransport trying to connect to host "my.smtp.server", port 25 Can someone help me? thx.    More>>

I'm sending mails using a smtp-server and javamail.

The code is working well so far, but sometimes when I want to send a mail the programm stops while trying to connect to the smtp-server without an error.

Here the Debug-output:

DEBUG: getProvider() returning javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Su
n Microsystems, Inc]

DEBUG SMTP: useEhlo true, useAuth false

DEBUG: SMTPTransport trying to connect to host "my.smtp.server", port 25

Can someone help me?

thx.

<<Less

Re: SMTP Connection Problem

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Thursday, January 23, 2003 07:26 AM

And then what happens?

Does it eventually time out, do you get a network error, cannot connect to host, connection refused? If so, is your network connection flaky, intermittent, subject to disconnections, etc.?

Or, does it eventually give a dns error, about hostname not found? If so, is your dns server flaky, or your network connection to your dns server flaky?

Can you manually connect (telnet) to port 25 of the mail server, reliably, and reliably get back an esmtp/smtp greeting from it? Or are manual connection attempts just as flaky as your automated ones from your application?

About | Sitemap | Contact