dcsimg
How to import a Thawte cert with keytool into my keystore?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Emil_Persson
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 22, 2003 10:18 PM

I've beeen trying to import different certificates into a keystore using keytool . Now having a Thawte Personal Freemail certificate I have no luck. According to my book (O'Reilly) I shall save the textsnipped (ex. as text.cer ) received from Thawte after my CSR certrequest to them and be able to import it with command: keytool -import -file text.cer -alias myalias -trustcacerts However, doing so, keytool complains with java.lang.Exception , saying the file is not in X509 format. My book (again) says: "When the response from the CA comes, we must save it to a file from which we can import it. In order to import the certificate, we must already have the root certificate in our list   More>>

I've beeen trying to import different certificates into a keystore using keytool . Now having a Thawte Personal Freemail certificate I have no luck.

According to my book (O'Reilly) I shall save the textsnipped (ex. as text.cer ) received from Thawte after my CSR certrequest to them and be able to import it with command:

keytool -import -file text.cer -alias myalias -trustcacerts

However, doing so, keytool complains with java.lang.Exception , saying the file is not in X509 format. My book (again) says:

"When the response from the CA comes, we must save it to a file from which we can import it. In order to import the certificate, we must already have the root certificate in our list of trusted certificate authorities, or we must be prepared to accept the root certificate that keytool presents to us."

Where do I then get their root certificate, if it is not included in the cert chain? Receiveing the textsnippet from Thawte I got two formats for the certificate chain, one in NETSCAPE CERTIFICATE CHAIN and a PKCS #7 SIGNED DATA. Keytool should be able to read both these formats..

/regards Emil Persson

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact