Jrun 3.0 sp2 with Xerces 2.X and Jaxp 1.X
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Henry_Leung
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 21, 2003 08:37 AM

Hi all, I am trying to parse XML by JSP. I used Xerces and Jaxp but both of them give me the following error when running the JSP: javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception thrown processing JSP page. java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser: method parse(Lorg/xml/sax/InputSource;Lorg/xml/sax/helpers/DefaultHandler;)V not found at com.jrefinery.report.io.ReportGenerator.parseReport(Unknown Source) at com.jrefinery.report.io.ReportGenerator.parseReport(Unknown Source) at com.jrefinery.report.io.ReportGenerator.parseReport(Unknown Source) at jrun__ReportTest2ejspf._jspService(jrun__ReportTest2ejspf.java, Compiled Code) at allaire.jrun.jsp.HttpJSP   More>>

Hi all,

I am trying to parse XML by JSP. I used Xerces and Jaxp but both of them give me the following error when running the JSP:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception thrown processing JSP page.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser: method parse(Lorg/xml/sax/InputSource;Lorg/xml/sax/helpers/DefaultHandler;)V not found
at com.jrefinery.report.io.ReportGenerator.parseReport(Unknown Source)
at jrun__ReportTest2ejspf._jspService(jrun__ReportTest2ejspf.java, Compiled Code)
at allaire.jrun.jsp.HttpJSPServlet.service(HttpJSPServlet.java:40)
at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java, Compiled Code)
at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java, Compiled Code)
at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunNamedDispatcher.forward(JRunNamedDispatcher.java:34)
at allaire.jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java, Compiled Code)
at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java, Compiled Code)
at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(JRunRequestDispatcher.java, Compiled Code)
at allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(JvmContext.java, Compiled Code)
at allaire.jrun.http.WebEndpoint.run(WebEndpoint.java, Compiled Code)
at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java, Compiled Code)
at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java, Compiled Code)

I am not sure what this error is. Does it relate to my JRun's configuration? Where should I put the .jar files and where to set the classpath? Anything else to do?    <<Less

Re: Jrun 3.0 sp2 with Xerces 2.X and Jaxp 1.X

Posted By:   Henry_Leung  
Posted On:   Monday, January 27, 2003 02:03 AM

I found the reason now. JRun comes with an XML parser, which will by default hide Xerces. A tricky way is required when setting the classpath for xerces.

Hope this would help others~

http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/install/JRun.html
About | Sitemap | Contact