Associating J2EE-docu with IntelliJ IDEA 3.0 doesn't work
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, January 20, 2003 02:01 AM

Hi, i want to use IntelliJ's popup-menu - in this case the java-docu feature - with j2ee. using jdk1.4 it's possible to get information from java-api using ctrl-q on a method. i included j2ee in project properties libraries and set the javadoc path to doc. but this mapping doesn't work. e.g. using ctrl-q on a j2ee-object, for example "out" (javax.servlet.jsp.JspWriter), i get only the standard information, but no java-api-docu-information. i tried different path-settings, stored the path settings relativ to the project, used an url to the j2ee-docu (http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.2.1/techdocs/api/index.html), but nothing happened. Any solutions? thanks in advance. M. Hoja    More>>

Hi,
i want to use IntelliJ's popup-menu - in this case the java-docu feature - with j2ee. using jdk1.4 it's possible to get information from java-api using ctrl-q on a method.

i included j2ee in project properties libraries and set the javadoc path to doc. but this mapping doesn't work.
e.g. using ctrl-q on a j2ee-object, for example "out" (javax.servlet.jsp.JspWriter), i get only the standard information, but no java-api-docu-information.

i tried different path-settings, stored the path settings relativ to the project, used an url to the j2ee-docu (http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.2.1/techdocs/api/index.html), but nothing happened.

Any solutions?
thanks in advance.

M. Hoja

<<Less

Re: Associating J2EE-docu with IntelliJ IDEA 3.0 doesn't work

Posted By:   Louis_Joubert  
Posted On:   Monday, January 20, 2003 10:19 AM

I'm suffering from the same problem! Shift-F1 opens the full JavaDoc in an external browser but ctrl-Q opens basic info only (method name, return type, param type, no comments!). I've tried upgrading from 3.0 to 3.0.1, without success. I have a project that does not suffer this problem. It was created in IDEA 2.6 !

This is/was my favourite feature. Any advice will be welcome.

Louis
About | Sitemap | Contact