*** Refresh/Reload behavior in Page containing Frames ***
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   haribabu_Yadlapalli
Posted On:   Friday, January 17, 2003 03:58 PM

Hi, I have the following scenario. My web page contains two frames. The left frame contains Menu and a set of links. The Right frame is the main frame and the links in the left frame gets opened in the rightframe. When I first load the screen, by default the "main.html" gets opend in the right frame. If I click on "link1.html" in the Menu, link1.html is getting opened in the right frame. Now if I click on browser refresh/reload, instead of refreshing/reloading the "link1.html", the "main.html" is getting loaded in the right frame. What should I do if I want to reload/refresh the link1.html instead of main.html on clicking the browser reload/refresh. Is it some thing to do with   More>>

Hi,

I have the following scenario. My web page contains two frames. The left frame contains Menu and a set of links. The Right frame is the main frame and the links in the left frame gets opened in the rightframe. When I first load the screen, by default the "main.html" gets opend in the right frame.

If I click on "link1.html" in the Menu, link1.html is getting opened in the right frame. Now if I click on browser refresh/reload, instead of refreshing/reloading the "link1.html", the "main.html" is getting loaded in the right frame.

What should I do if I want to reload/refresh the link1.html instead of main.html on clicking the browser reload/refresh. Is it some thing to do with the http server ?

<<Less

Re: *** Refresh/Reload behavior in Page containing Frames ***

Posted By:   Firat_Tiryaki  
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 21, 2003 01:16 PM

The browser has to work in this way. To refresh only one frame right click on the frame and click refresh.

you can use the below code to refresh one frame with javascript

parent.frameName.document.location.reload();

Re: *** Refresh/Reload behavior in Page containing Frames ***

Posted By:   Jeanne_Boyarsky  
Posted On:   Saturday, January 18, 2003 08:18 AM

What you have described is the way browsers work. If you want to refresh link1.html, you need to right click that frame and select reload/refresh (so only one frame gets refreshed)
About | Sitemap | Contact